Monday, June 21, 2010

Things That Annoy Me

By Jim Rubino


As my four years at BHS come to a close, there are certainly things I will miss. I’ll miss walking the halls with my friends, or sitting with them at lunch. I’ll miss Ms Boyle’s loud sneezes, Mr. Costa’s wacky sayings, ordering pizza during long period, and writing fake names on the bathroom sign in sheet. However, there are a bunch of things I definitely won’t miss -- 17, to be exact.


1. When people rip off the little thingies that prop up the keyboard. Or when they rip just one off, so I have a wobbly keyboard all class.

2. When the desk in front of me doesn’t have the rack below it, so I have nowhere to put my feet.

3. The long and involved process one must go through before entering the library. I’m just looking to do my homework, why do I need a passport?

4. The kid in the hall who doesn’t understand which side of the hallway or staircase to walk on. You walk on the right, just like the way you drive. This jokester is like a salmon swimming against the current.

5. During a test, when it’s all nice and quiet, somebody has the sniffles. Hey! Blow your nose!

6. When nobody wants to be the first one to pass in a test. So once the first person walks up to the teacher, an avalanche of test takers suddenly follow suit.

7. The back computer lab in the library which smells like an airplane cabin that many people have been sneezing in. There’s terrible air circulation, and it’s always a good 26° warmer than the rest of the library.

8. The chairs in the library, although comfortable, are incredibly dusty. Give one of them a nice slap and look at the debris.

9. The extreme differences in temperature between parts of the school. Am I in Cancun? Or Canada?

10. Reading and analyzing ridiculous pieces of literature in English class. Isn’t it possible the author simply wanted to make the walls red? There doesn’t always need to be a deeper meaning.

11. The girls in gym class who stand around talking about makeup, when our doctor is getting pelted with dodgeballs.

12. The mile and a half hike from the parking lot to the school. Good thing I brought a Ziploc full of bread crumbs so I can find my way back.

13. The fact that BHS is two minutes behind the rest of the world. I don’t know why BHS deserves its own time zone.

14. When kids offer to read in class, but it takes them a half hour to get through one paragraph of text.

15. The puddles of polluted rain water making their way down the corridors. Good idea making the roof flatter than day-old Pepsi.

16. As soon as the homeroom bell rings, all the teachers force everyone out of the halls as if a cannonball is rolling at them.

17. When people crinkle their bags of Sun Chips during class, and are completely oblivious of how annoying they’re being.

No comments:

Post a Comment